FS Investments Solutions, LLC is seeking a Regional Sales Director for the Northwest (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon & Washington State territory), whose function will be to solicit, promote and encourage sales or purchases of securities of FS Investments products to other FINRA member broker-dealers and the registered representatives.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Build consultative relationships and grow market share with top financial advisors and key centers of influence in the independent broker-dealer distribution channel for FS Investments.
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan, utilizing fully the FS Investments business plan template.
- Manage a Territory budget and follow the firm’s guidelines for prudent use of its resources
- Work closely with Internal Sales Consultant and Sales Associate to implement territory plan, prospect and maintain existing firm relationships.
- Fully adopt the firm’s CRM platform, including logging all contact data and client profile information, as well as creating reports to analyze sales data.
- Master the firm’s investment message.
- Be a student of the markets and effectively add value to advisor consultations through a holistic view of their business.
- Represent the firm at regional and national conferences.
- Consistently improve and develop product knowledge, sales skills and efficiencies through active involvement in company training, education and professional development programs.
- Study and learn the firm’s language and sales process, to deliver a consistent experience for clientele of the Broker and its Affiliates.
- Effectively leverage senior executives in the sales process in territory management.
- Work closely with the Broker’s National Accounts group to identify and execute on specific firm and advisor initiatives.
- Fully adhere to and reinforce standards of FS Code of Conduct.
- Extensive Travel Required.
- 6+ years’ of experience of sales experience related to the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or economics.
- FINRA Series 7 license required.
- Established relationships at focus firms within territory.
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforce.com) and established proficiencies in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to excel individually when limited resources are available.
- In depth investment management and general market knowledge.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines and software applications.
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory (FINRA, SEC, etc.) rules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and solid presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize and present complex information in a way that facilitates understanding.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing projects with finite resources.
- High standards for accuracy and work quality.
- Ability to operate and manage comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Ability to identify and lead process improvement while operating within established guidelines.
- Ability to use seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages seven funds with over $20 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2017. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.