The Advisory Sales Associate, within FS Investment Solutions, LLC, is an integral part of the business development team. The role supports assigned business development team members, composed primarily of internal and external sales professionals, assisting in moving qualified leads and prospects through the Consultative Selling Process. We provide extensive training on our sales process, with education on the complexities of alternative investment products, private debt, and equity markets. The Advisory Sales Associate role is an entry level role with career opportunities within our business development and distribution function.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Utilize techniques of the Consultative Selling Process with prospects, qualify leads, and sell within assigned territories.
- As a trusted consultant and relationship manager, each sales associate is expected to establish trust, credibility, and rapport with assigned advisors.
- Utilize WebEx/Glance technology to sell FS Investment funds to advisors.
- Maintain prospect database and assist with call campaigns, events, meetings, and scheduling efforts.
- Coordinate with Marketing as it relates to email campaigns.
- Develop ongoing financial acumen as it pertains to the complexities of the securities industry, alternative investments, and private debt/equity markets.
- 0 – 2 years’ experience in Financial Services preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Series 7 & 63 licensed preferred or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days.
- Strong communication skills and professional phone etiquette.
- Effective sales/persuasion, relationship management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing projects with finite resources.
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Database Management (Salesforce) skills are a plus.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL and Washington, DC. The firm had more than $20 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2017. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.