The successful candidate is expected to:
- Work closely with senior members of the fund management team, the investment committee and portfolio managers while serving as the point person for the investment process;
- Monitor existing portfolio assets and the investment pipeline and provide detailed credit analyses for senior and executive management;
- Communicate fund and portfolio developments, successes, risks and challenges to senior management and other business units within FS Investments.
- Strong attention to detail, creative/independent thought and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- 1-5 years of professional experience in the financial services industry in fulltime positions and/or internships;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or comparable technical field (mathematics, computer science) required;
- Demonstrated strong academic success in college;
- Progress towards earning the CFA charter viewed as a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong technical skills with the desire to build a career in the investment management industry;
- SQL programming experience a plus;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial corporate culture.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm creates access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages six funds with over $18 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.