The successful candidate is expected to:
- Work closely with senior members of the fund management team and the funds’ investment committees, subadvisors and portfolio managers while serving as the point person for the investment process;
- Monitor existing investments, pipelines and watchlists, and provide detailed analyses for senior and executive management;
- Communicate fund and portfolio developments, successes, risks and challenges to senior management and other business units within FS Investments; and
- Assist in the development and management of new alternative investment strategies.
- 1-5 years of professional experience in the financial services industry in fulltime positions and/or internships;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or comparable technical field (mathematics, computer science) required;
- Demonstrated strong academic success in college;
- Progress towards earning the CFA charter viewed as a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong technical skills with the desire to build a career in the asset management industry;
- SQL programming experience a plus;
- Strong attention to detail, creative/independent thought and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial corporate culture.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL and Washington, DC. The firm had more than $20 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2017. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.