The successful candidate is expected to:
- Work closely with senior members of the fund management team, the investment committee and portfolio managers while serving as the point person for the investment process.
- Report fund activity and performance to various stakeholders, including management, boards of directors, and due diligence officers.
- Monitor existing portfolio assets and the investment pipeline and provide detailed credit analyses for senior and executive management.
- Communicate fund and portfolio developments, successes, risks and challenges to senior management and other business units within FS Investments.
- 0-2 years of professional experience in the financial services industry in fulltime positions and/or internships.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or comparable technical field (mathematics, computer science) required.
- Possess strong attention to detail, creative/independent thought and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated strong academic success in college with a minimum overall GPA of 3.5.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to build a career in the investment management industry.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial corporate culture.