The Capital Markets team at FS Investments oversees relationships with key institutional stakeholders including institutional investors, banks, pensions, insurance companies, family offices, rating agencies, and the analyst community. The Capital Markets team focuses on analyzing and executing various debt (public and private) offerings and equity raises for funds advised by FS Investments. Further, the team is responsible for generating liquidity and leveraging investments at the funds through the use of joint ventures, structured credit facilities, total return swaps, repo arrangements, and prime brokerage arrangements.
The Capital Markets team is looking for a qualified candidate to assist with the analysis and execution of various debt and equity financings as well as private liquidity and leverage arrangements. The candidate will work on variety of task within the group, including preparation of term sheets, transaction models, presentations, market analysis, and peer analysis. The candidate may also be asked to perform aspects of credit analysis, including analyzing historical financial statements, preparing tear sheets, and performing various other quantitative and qualitative analyses for assets that will support the fund’s credit facilities.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Build financial models in support of rating agency analysis, securitization analysis, and debt and equity pricing.
- Provide analysis and assist in negotiating total return swap, repo, and prime brokerage facilities.
- Perform peer analysis (including market pricing comps, peer capital structures, and return attribution).
- Develop internal and external marketing materials for transactions, products, and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare term sheets, manage transaction timelines and deliverables, and review legal documentation.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure transactions are properly vetted and fit within any pre-trade requirements.
- Analyze credit assets that will serve as collateral for debt facilities and participate in asset structuring.
- Lead negotiations and relationship calls with key institutional partners.
- 3-7 years of prior experience in FIG banking, Asset Finance, Credit Structuring, Financing at a Credit Fund.
- Financial modeling proficiency and superior Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Undergraduate degree required. Degree in engineering, math, statistics, finance, accounting or marketing a plus.
- CFA or MBA a plus but not required.
- Knowledgeable of the credit markets, BDCs, fund financing and credit documentation a plus.
- Strong corporate finance background: formal credit training and lending experience a plus.
- Strong communication and organization skills; excellent attention to detail; self-motivated and team oriented.
- Ability to produce accurate results under tight time constraints in a high-pressure deadline driven environment.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical experience.