The ideal candidate will have experience working on large complex corporate transactions, with exposure to financing, securities/capital markets and corporate/M&A work.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Assist with the structuring, documenting, negotiating, closing and maintaining financings.
- Assist with securities law filings, corporate governances, various contracts and other general legal issues, in each case, for FS Investments and its various sponsored investment products.
- Excellent analytical, communications, negotiating and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to provide management with expert advice in identifying and managing critical legal issues.
- Prior exposure to the Investment Company Act of 1940 preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience working at a large law firm or in-house, with experience in financings (bank, credit, structured finance and/or debt capital markets), securities and corporate/M&A transactions.
- JD required, with strong academic credentials.
- Thorough understanding of finance and corporate transactions.
- Seasoned judgment, strong work ethic and high ethical standards.
- General knowledge of MS Office; proficiency in Excel preferred.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm creates access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages six funds with over $18 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.