The Dev Ops Engineer will assist in maintaining and optimizing the development environment and related software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes in order to provide highly proficient use of engineering resources and coding practices. This individual will report to the Vice President of Technology & Engineering.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Maintain and upgrade the LAMP stack environment.
- Use Docker to run deployments.
- Develop command of technology innovations and implement appropriately in order to optimize the development environment.
- Implement CI/CD methodologies to improve efficiency.
- Support and assist in assigned projects, scheduled releases and development as needed.
- Develop total command of the form’s software coding practices and underlying methodology.
- Execute appropriate coding practices that comply with the firms cybersecurity related policies and procedures.
- Participate in cybersecurity training on an as needed basis and implement the appropriate coding practices and policies as reflected in these trainings.
- 4 year degree required.
- 3 – 5 years professional software development experience.
- Prior experience in financial services a plus.
- Deployment experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong Linux Systems Administration skills – RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu.
- AWS experience preferred.
- Solid coding skills – GO a plus.
- Automation experience – Puppet/Chef/Salt/Jenkins/Travis/Quay a plus.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and develop new skills.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm creates access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages six funds with over $18 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.