The Director of Financial Operations Systems reports to the Chief Information Officer and will oversee an enterprise-wide development, implementation, and integration of systems related to trading, settlement, portfolio management and investment management operations. This position applies a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies related to these operations. The candidate will support a digital vision that will drive FS toward achieving business growth through best-in-class technology.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Partner with CIO and key business stakeholders to understand strategies and business needs across portfolio management, investment management, reconciliation and other financial operations functions.
- Partner with internal and external business and technology teams to develop the digital vision and architecture that provides increased business agility, market responsiveness, and an optimal user experience for FS customers.
- Manage scope, implementation, integration and augmentation of proprietary applications for all key business systems including strategic roadmaps and release schedules for key business systems.
- Manage and facilitate external vendor relationships related to key business systems.
- Apply product and project management best practices across a portfolio of work streams.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, technology or related field a must. Master’s a plus.
- 5+ years of experience working in enterprise environments.
- Prior financial services experience implementing and integrating back office, middle office or front office financial systems required.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical teams and key stakeholders as well as presenting to senior leadership.
- Prior experience presenting strategy, updates, reports, and challenges to senior leadership
- Strong technology experience and/or experience working with technology team to create technical business requirements, develop business cases and roadmaps.
- Strong organizational capabilities to manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated success in adapting to changing and competing priorities.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL and Washington, DC. The firm had more than $20 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2017. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.