The Director, Investor Relations will develop and manage key company messaging, ensuring consistency across all investor relations channels and collateral. The role will support business planning through providing strategic feedback to FS’ senior management based upon meetings, conferences, and discussions with various external stakeholders.
Specific expectations are as follows:
- Serve as a key point of contact for the investor community.Monitor and evolve FS Investments’ messaging through ongoing management and investor contact.
- Create presentations, press releases, and other communication materials related to earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers, and investors.
- Develop and maintain a company investor relations plan.
- Organize conferences, road shows, earnings conference calls, and investor meetings.
- Review and provide feedback on annual reports, SEC filings, and proxy statements.
- Manage the investor relations portion of the company web site.
- Establish and maintain FS Investment’s relationships with stock exchange representatives.
- Provide feedback to management regarding the investment community's perception of how the company is being managed, and their view of its financial results.
- Assist teammates with competitor analysis, including financial metrics and data.
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for the investor relations function.
- 5-8 years of finance experience required; with 3-5+ years of investor relations, public relations or equity research preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Accounting, Communications, English, or Marketing preferred.
- CFA, MBA or MA in a related discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of 40 ACT funds, BDCs, credit markets, and the asset management industry required.
- Excellent relationship building skills within the investment community (pre-existing contacts a plus).
- Strong writing, communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to produce accurate results under tight time constraints in a high-pressure deadline driven environment.
- Willingness to travel for conferences, roadshows, and investor meetings.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL and Washington, DC. The firm had more than $20 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2017. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.