The Research team within the Investment Management division plays an integral role in the creation and communication of market, industry and fund-related research to enhance the distribution of FS offerings and to build FS Investments’ brand as industry thought leaders.
In this role the team is responsible for:
- Creating expertly written, research-based materials and communications to promote current and future FS funds among internal and external audiences.
- Tracking and benchmarking the performance of FS and competitor funds.
- Developing macro-economic research to help educate advisors and their clients on financial markets and the impact on portfolio construction.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Serve as energy-focused subject matter expert in support of the firm’s $5+ billion energy investment platform with a focus on upstream and midstream assets.
- Develop, publish and present energy-related industry and company-specific research through a broad range of communications, including research notes, commentaries, presentations, webinars, conferences and company-sponsored events.
- Remain at the forefront of industry trends, company news and regulatory issues
- Display a strong aptitude for writing in a persuasive, cogent and concise manner.
- Assist in positioning the firm’s energy offerings with internal teams (Sales & Marketing) as well as external audiences (financial advisors, RIAs, institutions, family offices, media).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience as equity or credit energy analyst or similar function.
- MBA and/or progress towards the CFA charter a plus but not required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong financial modeling and quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- High attention to detail with proven track record of developing high quality, error-free output.
- Desire to join a highly collaborative and team-oriented organization.
- Proved track record of building strong relationships with both peers as well as senior-level managers and/or executives.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages seven funds with over $20 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2017. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.