FS Investments is seeking to hire a Front End Software Developer to support web application software development, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, documentation and support. This role requires a self-starter who is adept at solving problems, is a collaborative team player and an effective communicator at all levels within an organization.
This role will report to the Vice President of Technology & Engineering.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Support and maintain existing web applications, comprised of Angular 1, ExtJS, and KendoUI technologies.
- Work with business owners to add feature enhancements.
- Partner with designated business stakeholders to design the next generation of applications using modern technologies.
- Develop total command of the firm’s software coding practices and underlying methodology.
- Execute appropriate coding practices that comply with the firm’s cybersecurity related policies and procedures.
- Participate in cybersecurity training on an as needed basis and implement the appropriate coding practices and policies as reflected in those trainings.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience of professional web developing.
- Be able to provide the URLs for the websites the candidate has worked on.
- Prior experience with GIT and an Agile environment required.
- Knowledge of Angular 1 or 2, Typescript, REST Services, and Node Js required.
- Knowledge of Subversion a plus, in support of legacy code.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry best practices.
- Strong design sensibility and experience with complex interactions and animations.
- Ability to identify and complete tasks with minimal direction or supervision.
- Experience in financial services preferred but not required.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm creates access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages six funds with over $18 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.