The Fund Accountant will report to the Fund Controller and Fund Chief Financial Officer and assist a team of 10 professionals in the Fund Finance group with the following finance and accounting and fund administration responsibilities related to the FS Investments’ products, which include business development companies (BDC), and closed-end and open-end mutual funds.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Prepare and annual, semi-annual and quarterly fund regulatory filings (Securities and Exchange Commission Forms 10-Q, 10-K, N-Q, N-CSR, N-SAR).
- Oversee third-party fund accounting agent and fund administrator.
- Perform expense budgeting and payment of fund expenses.
- Support engagements of service partners, including independent accountants, internal auditor and tax compliance provider.
- Complete special projects, including supporting financial planning and analysis, tax and policy teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with accounting or finance major preferred.
- CPA preferred, although not required.
- 2+ years of industry experience with public accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), financial reporting, fund accounting and Investment Company Act of 1940 Act preferred.
- Experience with mutual funds, business development companies (BDC), alternative investment products preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft suite of products.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages seven funds with over $20 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2017. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.