The Fund Strategy team plays an integral role in the creation and communication of market, industry and fund-related research to enhance the distribution of FS offerings and to build FS Investments’ brand as industry thought leaders.
In this role the team is responsible for:
- Creating expertly written, research-based materials and communications to promote current and future FS funds among internal and external audiences.
- Tracking and benchmarking the performance of FS and competitor funds.
- Developing macro-economic research to help educate advisors and their clients on financial markets and the impact on portfolio construction.
This candidate will help support the expansion of the Company’s growing asset management platform. This position represents a unique opportunity to work with experienced investment professionals and be involved in a wide variety of projects. As a primary liaison between FS Investments’ Fund Management, Legal, Sales and Marketing teams, this candidate must be comfortable in an environment that requires frequent interaction across departments.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Build, update and maintain a library of fund and market-related presentations as well as become a subject matter expert on the firm’s presentation management software.
- Serve as team lead in the creation, updating and review of weekly, quarterly and annual communications and marketing materials.
- Strong aptitude for writing in a persuasive, cogent and concise manner.
- Support Senior Economist in the creation of economic forecast models with a desire to apply technical and financial modeling skills in a potential new way.
- Work under the direction of senior team colleagues in the creation of Fund Strategy literature, including white papers, memos and executive summaries on a wide range of market and industry-related topics.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience (investment or economic research, investment management, investment banking, financial journalism or a related field).
- Progress towards the CFA charter a plus but not required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ and Macrobond a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- High attention to detail with proven track record of developing high quality, error-free output.
- Desire to join a highly collaborative and team-oriented organization.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages seven funds with over $20 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2017. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.