The Internal Advisory Consultant is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the phone presence in the assigned region, complementing the initiatives of that territory’s Vice President. This position, working collaboratively with other members of the team, is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to expand FS Investments Solutions, LLC’s coverage within the respective territory.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Consistently work to build existing relationships with financial advisors, divisional and regional representatives, and analysts through effective proactive telephone calls and contact follow up, as well as handling specific questions regarding accounts.
- Learn, understand and professionally represent all FS Investment Solutions, LLC’s strategies and products across multiple channels and platforms while keeping up-to-date of competing strategies and products.
- Identify and pursue leads generated from extensive research, referrals, ad campaigns and regional canvassing. Consistently asks for referrals or prospects from top producer lists to find new advisor relationships.
- Exercise deliberate and thoughtful planning of scheduling, calendar management and multi-tasking of all outbound calls, projects, campaigns and incoming calls.
- Utilize the Consultative Selling Approach to position FS Investment Solutions, LLC, coordinating the logistics involved in obtaining the formal Selling Agreement from start to finish.
- Act as the main contact for sales and service related issues to help enhance relationships as well as increase sales.
- Operate within the firms CRM system at an expert level. Logs all contacts each day as they are made, including inbound/outbound calls, voicemails, email, literature, conference calls, etc. Maintains database for accurate and current information on advisors and branch networks.
- Uses all available lists for contacting advisors and continually reaches out to cross-sell the strategies they are not currently using.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree required.
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses required (or obtained in the first 90 days).
- CIMA, CAIA or CFA preferred.
- 3+ years of financial services experience in a sales capacity.
- Knowledge of RIA required.
- Knowledge of wirehouse channel a plus.
- Knowledge of bank trusts a plus.
- Knowledge of alternative investments a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Salesforce, and Webinar skills required.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective conflict management and problem solving skills to establish trust, credibility and rapport.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm creates access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages six funds with over $18 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.