The Internal Sales Consultant is tasked with identifying, developing and maintaining selling relationships in the broker-dealer community within their assigned territory.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities through calling efforts, mail/email campaigns and referrals.
- Manage prospects throughout the sales cycle, resulting in closed business.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key advisors and centers of influence.
- Deliver sales presentations to key advisors primarily via phone and web presentations.
- Schedule meetings for External partner(s) with key prospects and producers.
- Develop and share proactive sales techniques that lead to increased revenue.
- Professionally represent FS Investments at conferences and educational forums.
- Portray a strong understanding of the securities and a mastery of Alternative Investments.
- Be able to delegate and provide direction to team Sales Associates and Assistants.
- Mediate and resolve escalated client service issues when necessary for producers.
- Assist in the creation and management of the territory travel rotation.
- Assist in the development of producer business plans.
- Assist producers in identifying ways to attract and retain new and existing clients.
- 1-3 years’ experience in finance, operations and/or other relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required.
- Minimum of 2 years prior internal wholesaling experience preferred.
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and phone skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with established proficiencies in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use seasoned judgement by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Ability to excel individually when limited resources are available.