FS Investments was founded on the premise that a smart investment is both forward-thinking and practical. Our Internal Sales Consultants are tasked with conveying this alternative investment ideology within their assigned territory through identifying, developing and maintaining selling relationships in the broker dealer community.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities through calling efforts, mail/email campaigns and referrals.
- Manage prospects throughout the sales cycle, resulting in closed business.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key advisors and centers of influence.
- Deliver sales presentations to key advisors primarily via phone and web presentations.
- Schedule meetings for External partner(s) with key prospects and producers.
- Develop and share proactive sales techniques that lead to increased revenue.
- Professionally represent FS Investments at conferences and educational forums.
- Portray a strong understanding of the securities and a mastery of Alternative Investments.
- Be able to delegate and provide direction to team Sales Associates and Assistants.
- Mediate and resolve escalated client service issues when necessary for producers.
- Assist in the creation and management of the territory travel rotation.
- Assist in the development of producer business plans.
- Assist producers in identifying ways to attract and retain new and existing clients.
- 1-3 years’ experience in finance, operations and/or other relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required.
- Minimum of 2 years prior internal wholesaling experience preferred.
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and phone skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with established proficiencies in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use seasoned judgement by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Ability to excel individually when limited resources are available.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm creates access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages six funds with over $18 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.