The Marketing Manager will work closely with the members of the marketing team to develop and execute strategic marketing projects for FS Investments, its funds and its distribution team, FS Investment Solutions. The work will involve all aspects of promoting our alternative investment products to financial advisors and their retail investor clients, with a focus on launching new investment solutions and promoting those funds. The Marketing Manager will work closely with sales, fund communications, legal and compliance staff.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Lead the execution of the marketing strategy designed to promote FS Investments funds. Activities include fund launch materials, ongoing fund promotions, development of sales ideas and educational materials primarily for financial advisors and their investors.
- Working closely with Sales and National Accounts teams to support and implement the strategy and sales efforts.
- Working with Legal and Compliance to create consistency in language across marketing materials, as well as considering regulatory requirements as materials are developed.
- Will work to resolve conflicts between different points of view or approaches, and will escalate issues to Marketing VP as needed.
- Work very closely with our Fund Communications team in leveraging content developed for wholesaler education and public materials.
- Use various marketing channels, including web, social, email and paid media to accomplish distribution goals.
- 7 + years’ experience.
- 4-year degree; MBA a plus, but not required.
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM.
- Proficiency with digital marketing technology provider such as SilverPop or similar.
- Relevant experience should include B2B marketing, financial services, investment management, or a related field.
- Alternative investment experience is a plus.
- Experience with lead generation, content marketing, email marketing, productivity tools and data visualization.
- Experience with wholesaling distribution model preferred.
- Strong communicator with ability to understand target audience and products comprehensively, and convey those through all marketing mediums.
- Ability to introduce and execute on marketing initiatives within our collaborative organization and partner across various stakeholders to build consensus.
- Understanding of financial brands with complex and diverse product lines.
- Familiarity with working with design and video development professionals.