The Sales Associate provides general support to assigned Sales teams by assisting in moving qualified leads and prospects through the Consultative Selling Process. Typically, one Sales Associate will support 2–3 separate teams.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Proactively and reactively communicate info on FS Investments funds to financial advisors within the firm’s selling group
- Utilize techniques of the Consultative Selling Process to prospect and qualify leads within assigned territories
- Assist in scheduling and confirming office meetings for RSDs (Regional Sales Directors)
- Schedule webinars and conference calls for RSDs and ISCs (Internal Sales Consultants)
- Work with Sales teams to create and maintain the team’s prospect database
- Coordinate and complete various call campaigns to drive attendance to meetings/firm events
- Coordinate resolution of IT problems for team (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Salesforce.com, internet, outlook)
- Coordinate and complete mail and email campaigns as well as requests for sales material
- Generate rep lists and reports from Salesforce.com for ISCs and RSDs
- Answer incoming sales calls from our toll-free number
- Study and comprehend the complexities of the securities industry, alternative investments, and private debt/equity markets
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance preferred
- Series 7 and 63 licensed preferred or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days
- Ability to create trust, credibility and rapport over the phone
- Strong communication skills and professional phone etiquette
- Effective sales/persuasion, conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing projects with finite resources
- High standards for accuracy and work quality
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Database management (Salesforce) skills are a plus
Character—Exhibits integrity, professionalism, practical judgment, positive attitude at all times; exhibits perseverance, mental toughness and initiative in the face of problems and challenges; must be able to take direction and accept constructive criticism.
Interpersonal confidence—Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; possesses the ability to influence and creates and builds positive and productive relationships.
Results oriented—Drives the team and the organization for results in order to improve performance; able to make timely or planned decisions appropriate to the circumstances or situation.
Teamwork—Self-starter but also effective as a member of a team; willing to put firm’s objectives ahead of individual goals.
Communication—Excellent communication and listening skills are required.
Organizational ability—Can organize people and resources to prioritize and get projects completed; can create a plan for resourceful workflow and has a strong ability to multitask and keep order in a fast paced, high-energy work environment.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading manager of alternative investment funds designed to enhance investors’ portfolios by providing access to asset classes, strategies and asset managers that typically have been available to only the largest institutional investors. The firm’s funds offer “endowment-style” investment strategies that help construct truly diversified portfolios and manage risk. FS Investments strives not only to maximize investment returns, but also to set the industry standard for best practices by focusing on transparency, investor protection and education for investment professionals and their clients.
Founded in Philadelphia in 2007, FS Investments quickly established itself as a leader in the world of alternative investments managing over $18 billion in assets (as of 6/30/2016). FS Investments was named one of Philadelphia’s Best Places to Work and ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Most Promising Companies. FS Investments distributes its funds through its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC.
FS Investments offers an exceptional benefits and wellness program and a highly competitive compensation package.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.