The Specialist role will work with management oversight as a member of the Investment Operations team responsible for:
- Reconciliation of cash and investment positions across custodial relationships and prime brokers – with a specific focus on cash breaks, researching and resolving fails, projections, borrowing requests, and other anticipated cash needs across all products.
- Monitor fund level leverage and review daily compliance reports, including borrowing base reports oversight, collateralization testing, and waterfall distribution review and reconciliation.
- Loan, bond, and other investment administration using relevant systems, including reconciliation and tie-outs of custodian reports and ongoing contract resets.
- Daily cash management including cash projections from hypotheticals, restructures and settlement activity.
- Investment settlement, with a specific focus on investigating and resolving closing / transactional issues and communicate all issues promptly.
- Liaison with investment team on all corporate actions (amendments, waivers, forbearance requests, shareholder proxies, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Finance or equivalent required.
- 2 – 5 years of work experience in an Investment Operations role at an asset management firm.
- Experience with settlement of CDS, FX forwards, loans, bonds, equities, and options.
- Working knowledge of WSO and Clearpar.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with managing credit facilities and/or CLOs.
- Experience with treasury management considered a plus.
- Must be pro-active, self-motivated, assertive and well organized.
- Excellent analytical skills with knowledge and understanding of process design and implementation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively within the firm as well as externally.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL and Washington, DC. The firm had more than $20 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2017. Visit
to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.