The Sales Associate, within FS Investment Solutions, LLC, provides general support to assigned sales team members by assisting in moving qualified leads and prospects through the Consultative Selling Process. Typically one Sales associate will support 2-3 separate teams.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Proactively and reactively communicate info on FS Investments funds to financial advisors within the firm’s selling group.
- Utilize techniques of the Consultative Selling Process to prospect and qualify leads within assigned territories.
- Assist in scheduling and confirming office meetings for RSDs (Regional Sales Director).
- Schedule webinars and conference calls for RSDs and ISCs (Internal Sales Consultant).
- Work with sales teams to create and maintain the team’s prospect data base.
- Coordinate and complete various call campaigns to drive attendance to meetings/firm events.
- Coordinate resolution of IT problems for team (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Salesforce.com, internet, outlook).
- Coordinate and complete mail and email campaigns as well as requests for sales material.
- Generate rep lists and reports from Salesforce.com for ISCs and RSDs.
- Answer incoming sales calls from our toll free number.
- Study and comprehend the complexities of the securities industry, alternative investments, and private debt/equity markets.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Financial Services preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Series 7 & 63 licensed preferred or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days.
- Ability to create trust, credibility and rapport over the phone.
- Strong communication skills and professional phone etiquette.
- Effective sales/persuasion, conflict management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing projects with finite resources.
- High standards for accuracy and work quality.
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Database Management (Salesforce) skills are a plus.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm creates access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages six funds with over $18 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.