The Sales Desk Manager will provide general work direction and daily supervision to the FSIS Sales Associates and Internal Sales Consultants. This position is based in Philadelphia, PA and reports to the Director of Internal Sales.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Play the main role in the recruiting, training and development of Sales Associates and Internal Sales Consultants.
- Work closely with HR to identify, create and deliver training solutions.
- Portray a strong understanding of the securities industry and a mastery of Alternative Investments.
- Participate in monthly ASLAN coaching sessions, reinforce daily as needed.
- Ensure proper staffing and coverage of the Sales Queue at all times.
- Monitor and drive Sales Associate activity and generate regular reports, including Sales Queue statistics.
- Oversee the execution of the quarterly bonus program.
- Conduct regular reviews with Sales Associates and Internal Sales Consultants.
- Conduct weekly Sales Queue feedback and training session (“Sales Queue Roundup”).
- Professionally represent FS Investments at conferences and educational forums as needed.
- Mediate and resolve escalated issues that derive from the Sales Queue when necessary.
- Provide regular feedback on Sales Associate and Internal Sales Consultant performance to the Director of Internal Sales.
- Provide backup coverage for the Director of Internal Sales when unavailable.
- Handle special projects as requested by Director of Internal Sales, Divisional Directors or Sr. Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance preferred.
- Series 7 required; Series 24 licensed preferred or the ability to obtain within the first 6 months.
- 3-5 years of managerial experience required.
- Display effective understanding of the Consultative Selling Process.
- Possess or obtain ASLAN coaching cert. and PI Analyst designation by the Oliver Group.
- Possess effective leadership skills and ability to motivate, inspire and command the respect of direct reports.
- Stimulate an ethical and high quality work environment.
- Possess strong mastery of Salesforce CRM as well as strong presentation skills, both phone and in person.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with finite resources.
- High standards for accuracy and work quality and effective conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm creates access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages six funds with over $18 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.