The Staff Accountant will be part of a small accounting team including the Chief Accounting Officer and Controller, and will assist the team with the following accounting responsibilities.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Code all invoices to be paid to proper general ledger accounts and enter into Great Plains Ledger System.
- Research and assist with billing/payment discrepancies.
- Conduct quality control on submitted Travel & Expense Reports.
- Track various expenses for compliance purposes (O&O tracking).
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with the month end close process.
- Maintain all filing for payables and banking.
- Assist with annual audits in compiling data pertaining to various audit requests.
- Assist in the preparation of annual 1099’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with accounting or finance major preferred.
- CPA preferred, although not required.
- 0 - 2 years of industry experience, fund or general accounting, preferred.
- Great Plains experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft suite of products.
About FS Investments
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth through funds managed in partnership with top institutional investment advisers. It focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments was founded in 2007 as Franklin Square Capital Partners. It is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Orlando and Washington, DC. The firm currently manages seven funds with over $20 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2017. Its affiliated broker-dealer, FS Investment Solutions, LLC (member FINRA/SIPC), distributes its offerings.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.